How to reach us
Teatro del Maggio
The Teatro del Maggio is in the center, close to the old city walls, next to the historic Stazione Leopolda. The garden that welcomes visitors is Piazzale Vittorio Gui, named after the founder of the Florentine Orchestral Stable and the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino.
Santa Maria Novella is Florence’s main train station. You can reach the Teatro del Maggio from the station by foot (approximately 10-15 minutes), by tram (one stop) or by taxi.
The Teatro del Maggio is located just outside the restricted traffic zone.
It is possible to park very close to the theater or in the parking fees (from 8am to 20pm, excluded on Sunday and holidays), in the Piazza Vittorio Veneto car park (around the equestrian monument of Vittorio Emanuele II or in front of the NH Hotel) or in the Parco delle Cascine area for free.
By bicycle and motorbike
It is possible to park in the areas dedicated to the Teatro del Maggio.
Lines 17 and 23A-B (Via delle Carra stop);
Lines 17B-C, 22, 23 and 23N (Pierluigi da Palestrina stop);
Lines 29, 29B, 29BA, 29BC, 29D, 30A, 30AC, 30B, 35, 35A, 57, C2 and C3 (Leopolda – Porta al Prato stop; End of the line).
Line T1 (Porta al Prato – stop).
Reserved parking spaces are available in the area closest to the Theatre entrance.
Inaugurated on April 7, 1817 at the presence of Ferdinand III of Habsburg-Lorraine, thanks to its closeness to Palazzo Pitti it soon became the court theater and the venue of the Ravvivati Academy, as evidenced by the three metal torches, symbol of the company, still on the facade .
It is possible to park on the roads surrounding Porta Romana, in Piazza Tasso, in Viale dei Colli, in Viale del Poggio Imperiale or in the Oltrarno car park (Piazza della Calza, 1). The Theatre can be reached by foot in 3-5 minutes.
Lines D and C3 (Santo Spirito stop);
Line 11 (Campuccio or Via Romana stops);
Lines 6A-B (Pescaia di S. Rosa or S. Frediano stops).
In order to obtain a subscription or a ticket for disabled persons, it is necessary to present a document certifying at least 70% disability at the moment of purchase. If the documentation certifies the right to a support, the latter will have the right to enter the Theatre free of charge.
Parking spaces are also reserved in the area closest to the entrance to the Teatro del Maggio.
Attending the Opera – My first time
We would like to draw your attention to some simple rules, so that you can enjoy the show in the best possible way:
- it is forbidden to bring int he auditorium bags and backpacks of big dimensions.
- If you have bags or bakcpacks of big dimensions, please leave them to our free cloakroom in the corridor next to the principal entrance.
- It is forbidden to bring bottles, glasses or plastic cups, food, glass objects or dangerous objects in general into the auditorium during the performances and during the intermission.
- It is therefore forbidden, unless for special reasons and with prior permission, to use cameras, video cameras, audio or video recording equipment.
- The performances will begin at the hour written on the ticket, we remind you that the access in the auditorium during the performances is not permitted
- The spectator is obliged to always keep their ticket or subscription with them, which must be shown on request to the Theater’s staff.
- In respect of the audience and the performance, access to the auditorium is not permitted once the auditorium lights have been turned off. Any late arrivers can enter the auditorium during the first available interval.
- In order not to place the safety of the audience at risk during the performance, it is forbidden to: obstruct the stairs, the corridors, and the exits including emergency exits.
- It is also forbidden to bring animals into the auditorium.